Friday, September 16, 2011

....And I'm Back!

Each year it amazes me how much the summer can accelerate your life and before you know it several months have pasted and you don't know where they went!  Although this summer I did not have any major plans I did have quite an eventful and fun-filled summer! Some of my favorite moments would be...

Baby Huber!
As each day passes we get closer and closer to the arrival of the next Mr. Huber.  It is so exciting to have a baby in the family.  One in which I can spoil rotten and send back to mom and dad!  Although my nephew is still "cooking" I love him tons and tons and cannot wait for his much anticipated appearance!  Ryan and I will be traveling down to North Carolina to meet the baby at Thanksgiving and we are both thrilled to see him!  Despite the excitement, we are saddened that we cannot be closer to see him (and of course my brother and sister-in-law)  more often.  We will survive!  Thanksgiving is going to be here before we know it!

Summertime Visits!!
This summer we had several guests at our house!  My mom came all the way from Virginia to visit over the labor day weekend and my brother and sister-in-law where here for a weekend in August!  It was great to see family that I hadn't seen since I got married and it made us realize how much we miss them when we go so long without visits!

Freeport's New Favorite Teacher!
My very best friend, Whitney, scored herself a FULL TIME job at our alma mater: Freeport High School!! I was completely jazzed at the announcement!  This excitement was for several reasons...
1. She is one of the smartest and hardest working people I know!
2. She has been talking about being a teacher for like 20 years and now she finally has landed a big girl job!
3. Probably the biggest reason I was stoked....She is now able to keep me updated on the goings-on at FHS!  
Once a pretzel, always a pretzel...apparently! 
CONGRATS WHIT!

Nearing the End of Year One!
In less than 1 month, I will have been married to my wonderful husband for an entire year!  This year has gone so fast and it is unbelievable that our wedding was last year!  Over the summer we were able to spend a lot of quality time together.  We are eagerly planning our 1 year anniversary, which we are extremely excited for!

All in all, I had a great summer.  But as always, I wish that it wouldn't go so quickly.  Now that I am about to enter my winter-induced hibernation, the blogging will become exponentially more frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment